Tuesday, May 26: Psalm 40- God heard, God hears.

Immediately this Psalm spoke to me. After the morass of deep emotions from yesterday’s Psalm, it was as if today’s Psalm was the answer to yesterday.

God came… God answered… God was there in the midst of life!

I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the LORD and put their trust in him (1-3).

God heard! I wanted to cry with delight. God was there. God hears our cry. He tunes His ears to us and is not distant or far off.

God answered, He reached down to David, He reaches down to me and lifts me from the slimy pit… from the mud and the mire… from the yuck of life!

God is real and God really comes to us and helps us.

I have experienced that truth more times that I could ever count. Even so there are times when I forget and doubt, when the darkness around me seems to engulf me and I feel so alone.

David’s experience and Psalm reminds me, “Yes, God heard my cries in the past and God will hear my cries today.”

God heard, God hears!

My heart is light this morning. Whom or what shall I fear? If God is for me who can be against me? (Romans 8:31ff).

I will join David and pledge myself anew to the Lord.

“Here I am, I have come…. I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart.” I proclaim your saving acts in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, LORD, as you know. I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and your saving help. I do not conceal your love and your faithfulness from the great assembly (7-10).

O, God, my heart is light, almost giddy, with love and appreciation for You. You are there. You listen to my cries and You answer. What a great and awesome God.

I love You and I will serve You. Alleluia.

May my lips speak and testify to Your greatness all the days of my life. May my life give to You the honor and praise due to Your name! Alleluia. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment