Friday, September 29: Esther 6- Coincidence, happenstance, or providence?.

Coincidence, happenstance, or providence? Which word we use is generally dependent upon our world view.

It is an honest portrayal of the account to say what a coincidence that Haman walked in just as the king was deciding how to honor Mordecai the Jew. Equally fair is to say, by God’s providence, Haman walked in just as the kind was deciding how to honor Mordecai the Jew.

I choose to believe the latter.

Throughout theSscripture and throughout my life, I continually see God’s hand at work leading, guiding, and directing situations to bring about His will and to bless His people. Many would not agree with me. That’s okay. I cannot prove it and they cannot either. It is a world view decision.

Do you believe God is at work in the world? Do you believe God’s hand works to bring about His will and bless His people?

I do.

Thank You, Lord, for your providential care of the Jews through Esther and the care of Your Church today. As Jesus said, ‘The gates of hell will not prevail against Your church’. I rest in that and in Your gracious mercy and love. Halleluiah. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment