Monday, September 18: Nehemiah 9- Rededicating my life to Jesus.

Israel is at a turning point, the people are coming clean with the Lord. This isn’t simply an emotional response. The people have taken 3 weeks to consider their lives in light of God’s Word. They have gathered again, spent the morning in the Word and the afternoon in confession. Then the Levites rose and recounted Israel’s long history, a history of God’s faithfulness and their unfaithfulness. After all this time and thought we read: “In view of all this, we are making a binding agreement, putting it in writing, and our leaders, our Levites and our priests are affixing their seals to it” (38).

Thoughtful, honest confession and rededication to the Lord. What a glorious day and time!

When was the last time I (you) took time to make a thoughtful, honest rededication to the Lord?

Hmmm, I believe I have my charge for the day…

Will you join me in rededicating myself to the Lord?

Oh, Lord, You have always been there. It is I who have walked away time and again. Today I choose You. I name You as my Lord and Savior… again and still, I am Yours. In Christ’s name I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment