Wednesday, September 20: Nehemiah 11- You are important to the Lord.

Some chapters of the Bible, like this one, are difficult for me to find inspiration and/or a devotional moment. Honestly, I do not care about the names of people who lived in Jerusalem.

Interestingly, God cares. God cared enough to put a full page of these names in His written Word. And over the millennia countless scribes cared enough for God’s Word to meticulously copy these names from one manuscript to another while preserving God’s Word for generations.

As I sit today, musing about all this, these thoughts are sparking a picture in me of how much God cares for you and for me.

Let’s be honest, my life is about as stimulating and inspirational as the names in the chapter. Oh, my life is important to me and these facts were important to the families repatriating Jerusalem. The blessing is both and is important to the Lord.

You are important to the Lord. I am important to the Lord. Even if we are not important to anyone else, we are important to the Lord and this is something inspirational for me.

God cares for you and for me and that is a great blessing… to me and I hope to you as well.

Lord, I marvel at Your grace and love. I am cared for by You. This truth blows me away. Little old me, a nothing in the landscape of the world and You care for me. I am so blessed.

Thank You, Jesus, for revealing this to me. In Your name I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment