Saturday, September 7: Numbers 36- .

Numbers concludes with Moses clarifying the inheritance issue of the daughters of Zelophehad I mentioned last week.

Moses and Israel stand poised on the plains of Moab across from the Promised Land. Soon Moses will die (God has already told him so) and the people will enter the Promised Land. Before that will happen, Moses like every great leader, ties up loose ends, making sure he has fulfilled his word and clarified what he has spoken.

As I sit very early in the morning, this text is a good reminder to me…

·         Fulfill my words

·         Make sure what I have spoken is understood

·         Finish well and finish strongly

Moses is an incredible role model for any leader. I am glad I have spent time with him these last weeks.

Lord, thank You for Moses, this man of faith. He is not perfect, which actually encourages me. I know that I am not perfect. And yet, despite his imperfections, You used Moses to do great kingdom work. I pray, Lord, that despite my imperfections, I would surrender to You as Moses did. And that my life might be a tool in Your hands to complete the kingdom work You, Oh Lord, have for me to do.

I pray this through Jesus, my Lord and Savior, and the reigning King of kings and Lord of lords, whose return I await with expectation. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment