Friday, November 2: Isaiah 46- The bellowing call of God.

The Lord is relentless in His pursuit of His people. God will not give up. He calls and calls to Israel His beloved.

In His call God reminds them who He is…

"Remember this, keep it in mind, take it to heart, you rebels. Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, 'My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.' From the east I summon a bird of prey; from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose. What I have said, that I will bring about; what I have planned, that I will do (8-11).

Even though they are presently rebellious God calls to them and offers them salvation…

Listen to me, you stubborn-hearted, you who are now far from my righteousness. I am bringing my righteousness near, it is not far away; and my salvation will not be delayed. I will grant salvation to Zion, my splendor to Israel (12-13).

I hear in God's call to Israel, His constant call to me and to all who follow Him. Even when you stray, I will save you. Turn to Me, come back to Me when you wander, I am there for you. I love You and will always love You.

A word of hope for people who wander and stray from the Lord.

As I sit this morning, I feel God beckoning. "Come to Me, stay with Me." Although I don't feel far from the Lord at this moment, God is calling me to an ever and ever closer relationship and connection.

Lord, I am grateful that You are always there and always calling me closer. I love You, Lord, and I am ever thankful that You continually reach out to me. I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment