Tuesday, October 30: Isaiah 43- God is with me forever and always.

In a word to Israel I found my devotional spot. In a word to Israel I found a meditation treasure. But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead (1-3).

As a human being God formed me and as a disciple of Jesus, God redeemed me, so my heart receives this as a word speaking to me.

As I was writing the last line, I felt God prompt me to send these verses to a friend who is going through a difficult time. So I did that right away. (I know myself and if I don't do it soon, I forget things as life moves on...). I don't know if/how this might speak to my friend; I leave that in God's hands.

Oh, what comfort these words bring to me. God is with me forever and always. And this is exactly what Jesus promised in the end of Matthew's Gospel when He said, "And I will be with you always to the very end of the age" (Matthew 28:20).

Lord God, I am so blessed to not walk this life alone, to have You always by my side, leading, guiding, directing, protecting, caring and loving. Thank You, Lord God. I take a moment to pray for people who don't know You. How lonely life can feel... please open their eyes to You. I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment