Monday, October 29: Isaiah 42- The Lord suffers no rivals .

Verse 8 arrested my attention. "I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols.

I know elsewhere in the Bible God says that He is a jealous God which is similar to what verse 8 says. Still verse 8 stopped me in my tracks.

I will not yield my glory to another... That is a strong statement. I keep rolling around in my thoughts the words I will not yield... An absolute definitive statement.

The Lord suffers no rivals. God will not allow anyone to pretend to His throne!

Subsequently, this means that I best not allow anyone or anything to rival the Lord in my own life. I need to keep focused on the Lord and not let my heart to run after other gods.

God, thank You for this word. Thank You for this reminder. Lord, give me Your strength to keep my eyes glued on You and You alone as Lord and God and Savior. I pray in Jesus' name. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment