Tuesday, November 6: Isaiah 49- God's love.

Earlier this year my daughter gave birth to our first grandchild, a daughter. I have some favorite pictures. One captures my wife holding our granddaughter, the two of them gazing into each other's eyes. Another is my daughter cuddling her daughter. Her hand is lovingly holding my granddaughter's head... the tenderness of her hand holding her daughter is palpable. My daughter's eyes gazing at her daughter is so tender. Care, attachment and love radiate out from every pixel of this photo.

These moments and particularly the ladder exploded in my thoughts as I read verses 15-16. Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.

As much love as my wife has for her granddaughter, God loves us more. As much love as my daughter has for her daughter, God loves us more. Where our human love reaches its limit, God's is limitless. God is love (1John 4:4&16) we are told. This is the only attribute I can recall of which we are told God is. So profound is God's love for all and particularly His people.

For God so loved the world... John writes (John 3:16)

My hunch is that we have all read or heard stories about the wonder and power of love. Exponentially greater is God's love and the wonder and power it produces in life... Today I bask in God's love.

Thank You, Lord. Bless You, God, for Your love. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment