Saturday, November 3: Isaiah 47- A warning God knows, God sees.

God drops a scathing rebuke and word of judgment on Babylon who will be God's rod of correction for Judah.

As I sat and read I marveled that Isaiah, inspired by the Lord, wrote these words 150 or so years before they happened. God knows, God sees. I marveled at the Lord God Almighty above and beyond time, seeing all.

Then I checked, ancient Babylon is modern day Iraq. That once great and proud civilization has never risen again to world prominence. Disaster did come upon them as God said (11) and they never recovered.

As I was writing the above I began to understand this chapter as a warning. What God says will happen, happens, so when God says judgment will come, it will come. And when God's judgment comes, which it will, people not under the umbrella of protection afforded by the atoning work of Jesus, will face the wrath of God.

Thank you, Lord God, for opening my eyes to Jesus and moving me to confess Jesus as Lord. I pray that You would help me be an agent in this world, sharing Your love and Gospel with others so that they have an opportunity to confess You as Lord, as well. I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment