Thursday, November 1: Isaiah 45- God is in charge now and forever.

I love the fact that this chapter opens with reference to Cyrus, who in round numbers lived 150 years after Isaiah. God is so good announcing to Israel that Cyrus will be used by God for the sake of His people Israel.

It was a few verses after the opening that I found my words for today. Still referencing Cyrus named in verse 1, verses 4-7 read: For the sake of Jacob my servant, of Israel my chosen, I summon you by name and bestow on you a title of honor, though you do not acknowledge me. I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting people may know there is none besides me. I am the LORD, and there is no other. I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

God is working on behalf of Israel so that the world will know that the Lord is God. God is determined to show the world that He exists and that He is in charge and that He is the one God above all gods.

I take such comfort in this. In a world filled with idols and demons and god-substitutes and false gods, the Lord God, Jehovah, fully revealed in the New Testament as Trinity, one God in three persons, The Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit stands alone above the fray of imposters. And this God can even use unbelieving kings for His glory. How good is that!

I sit today reveling and revering the Lord God –Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit. Thanking Him for His word in Isaiah and blessing Him for sending Jesus to be the atoning sacrifice for all who believe.

Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation. Oh, my soul praise Him for He is my help and salvation… Bless You Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit. Bless You. Through Jesus Christ, my Lord, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment