Saturday, January 30 Joshua 24: A man worth emulating.

Every time I read verse 15 I get chills. Joshua is a true leader and man of integrity. Not only does he call all Israel to follow the Lord; he pledges to do so himself… that’s integrity. He lived what he asked others to live. “… choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD" (15).

For 40+ years Joshua served as Moses’ aid and then after Moses’ death, Joshua assumes command and faithfully leads Israel into the Promised Land. Not one character flaw emerges. Certainly he wasn’t perfect, no one except Jesus ever was. When it came to the Gibeonites, Joshua forgot to listen to the Lord but beyond that there is not one recorded failure in Scripture. He was an incredibly faithful servant who lived faithfully to the end… 110-years old and still strong for the Lord! That’s a man worth emulating.

O, Lord, give me the strength and integrity of Joshua. Even in his OLD age he was ‘gung-ho’ for You, Lord. And he was not shy about stating it.

Lord Jesus, Almighty Father, Holy Spirit… I will serve you! Yes, I will serve you! Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment