Saturday, August 28: 2Kings 6- If God be for us.

I certainly do not want to ever presume that God must help me. But as Paul writes, “If God is for us who can be against us” (Rom 8:31). Paul’s line is certainly demonstrated in today’s chapter.

Elisha is surrounded by the enemy but he fears not because God has granted Elisha eyes to see the protection God has for him. I love verse 17.  Elisha prays for his servant’s eyes to be opened to see into the spirit realm where God has His forces stationed.  And Elisha prayed, "O LORD, open his eyes so he may see." Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

God has never allowed me to see into the spirit realm but I believe this account. I believe God posted angelic hosts around Elisha to protect him.

This story gives me courage to step out in faith when I believe God wants me to do something. When God wills something, He will see it to conclusion. Could something bad happen to me when I am faithfully following the Lord? Absolutely! But nothing bad will happen to me that has not passed through the sovereign hands of God, my Lord. And as His servant I accept what He ordains. I believe God is in absolute control and I feel safe there.

Lord God, I surrender to You. Use me, lead me, guide me and send me as You see fit. And, Lord, give me strength to trust You absolutely, like Elisha apparently did. In Jesus name, Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment