Tuesday, August 3: 1Kings 6- Magnificence.

What strikes me in today’s reading is the magnificence of Solomon’s temple… all the gold, the carvings, the types of wood, and the detail. Solomon built a magnificent temple for God ; he held nothing back and spared no expense. The building took incredible planning and thought. Astonishing significance was attached to certain structures of the building and its arrangement. There was artistic beauty and attention to detail.

Solomon gave his God, the God of the universe, the very best he could, in thought, planning, execution, and detail in building the temple.

Solomon’s example strikes me.  Do I give God truly the best in what I am doing? When I build for God, do I build with distinction? Oh, maybe I have a different theology of opulence but what I build and make for God, is it done with excellence? Do I give God my best in all I do?

O, God, may my hands give You my best all the time and particularly when what I am doing or building bears Your name and points others to You… In Jesus name, Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment