Monday, January 23: Jeremiah 23- Be careful how you live.

Verse 23-24: "Am I only a God nearby," declares the LORD, "and not a God far away? Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him?" declares the LORD. "Do not I fill heaven and earth?" declares the LORD.

While Jeremiah was speaking God’s Words against the religious leaders –namely the prophets- the above two verses grabbed my attention. I was reminded of God’s absolute sovereignty. No one can fool God or hide from God or do things that God does not see.  No one, and that includes you and me. The prophets of Jeremiah’s day were living lies, but God knew.

As I sat and stared at these verses and spent my devotions, these words spoke to me. My life, 24/7/365 is known to God. I might be able to fool others, even fool myself, but I can never dupe or fool God. God knows who I am, what I think, what I say and do! God knows. And some day I will stand before God and give an account… an account that will include every careless word I have spoken (Matthew 12:36).

The Spirit’s reminder… “Be careful how you live…!!!”

Lord, as I sit today the passage reminds me how great a blessing the gift of forgiveness and mercy and atonement has been given in and through Jesus Christ. Thank You, Jesus, for Your life, death on the cross and resurrection. You have saved me and I rejoice…! Praise You. In Your name, I pray. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment