Tuesday, January 10: Jeremiah 12- Is there mercy with God?.

Is there no mercy with God?

Day after day God’s anger has raged against Judah. Would God abandon His people forever? That thought haunted me. If I sin and deserve punishment will God’s rightful discipline last for ever?

Like a refreshing stream of cool water during a long arduous hike, the closing words of today’s chapter refreshed my soul.

This is what the LORD says: "As for all my wicked neighbors who seize the inheritance I gave my people Israel, I will uproot them from their lands and I will uproot the house of Judah from among them. But after I uproot them, I will again have compassion and will bring each of them back to his own inheritance and his own country. And if they learn well the ways of my people and swear by my name, saying, 'As surely as the LORD lives'--even as they once taught my people to swear by Baal--then they will be established among my people. But if any nation does not listen, I will completely uproot and destroy it," declares the LORD (14-17).

To both Judah and her false-god following neighbors God says, after I uproot them, I will again have compassion and will bring each of them back … And if they learn well the ways of my people and swear by my name, …then they will be established among my people.

There is mercy with God, if we, if anyone, turns to Him.

Turning to God brings mercy… that’s what I hear. Repenting and calling out to the Lord opens flood gates of compassion. Ahhh, my heart rejoices.

John, in his first letter in the NT, says this: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness (1John 1:9).

Turn or return to God and find mercy…

Confess your sins to the Lord and find forgiveness…

Praise God from whom all blessings flow… Praise You Father, Son and Holy Spirit because Your love endures forever and Your mercy is without end. Praise You because You always welcome home the prodigal daughters and sons. Praise You for Jesus and His gift of grace and pardon and righteousness… when we turn to Him in faith. Ahh, my heart is refreshed this morning. Thanks be to God. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment