Friday, November 2: Micah 2- Beginning and end.

Micah begins today’s chapter by holding up a mirror and asking us to peer into our hearts. Does deceit live there? Are we like those who plan evil and plot iniquity?

God looks and God sees our hearts. Do we?

The opening begged me to be introspective. Like the time for confession on Sunday mornings, the opening of chapter 2 drew me to a time of honesty in God’s presence.

The end of the chapter was polar opposite… time to marvel on God’s gift of redemption. I will surely bring together the remnant of Israel. I will bring them together like sheep in a pen, like a flock in its pasture; the place will throng with people (12). God has reserved a day for good things. God will restore what our sinfulness has broken. God will reclaim what our iniquities have ruined.

God not only grants forgiveness for our sins, God will restore all that has been destroyed by the sin we and all humanity has committed. God will see to it that His people inherit God’s new re-creation!

Broken and depraved as I am… God is at work. Alleluia.

Lord, I bless and thank You! Praise and honor to You. You have looked at me and seen me for who I truly am… wretched, poor, broken and sin-filled and You love me despite who I am. You cleanse me through the blood of Jesus and You are preparing an eternity with You for me together with all Your people. Alleluia. Amen. Thanks be to You Lord Christ, my Savior, Redeemer and Lord. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment