Friday, October 11: 2Corinthians 13- God's word, plumb line of faith.

Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves… (5). I love the way Paul puts the onus on us to test our own faith. Over and over as I read the Bible this year, God continues to remind me that I need to be monitoring my own faith. I need to be plumbing my faith to the line of Scripture. I need to take responsibility for my faith.

I also hear in these words that I have to be careful not to simply justify myself, but to honestly test myself and examine myself, not against others but against the pure Word of God.

Then as the letter draws to a close, Paul offers another great line. Finally, brothers, good-bye. Aim for perfection… (11a).

Aim for perfection… don’t settle for good enough. Keep working. Keep maturing. Keep growing.  Keep seeking God and God’s life and character in my (your) life!

If I think of faith as drawing closer to God, then what I am hearing God say is, to keep drawing closer and closer to the Lord. Keep checking your GPS (God’s Word) to make sure you are on the way that leads to God.

Lord, help me to stay sharp in my self-examination. Keep me in tune with You so that I grow closer to You, more in love with You and more like You every day of my life. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment