Saturday, October 5: 2Corinthians 8- Follow through.

And here is my advice…. Last year you were the first not only to give but also to have the desire to do so. Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means (10-11).

Now finish the work… how often do I start something, but run out of gas before I finish?  I have watched some golf lately. The golfer’s follow-through is critical. And so is ours, particularly when it comes to keeping our word or pledge to the Lord.

The Lord’s clear Word to me is ‘finish well’. Follow through. Complete what you started.

I made a commitment to read the entire Bible this year… keep reading!

I made a commitment to pray for the world using Operation World’s daily prayer guide… keep at it, today and every day, pray for that one country (check our www.operationworld.org if you would like to pray for the world).

I made a commitment to love my wife… do it today and every today!

Paul writes, Now finish the work… Something I must do, too.

Lord, I give You today and each today… I give You each promise I have made and I give it to You by completing it today.

I pray for strength and mental toughness to do today and each today those things I have committed to do.  Lord, I pray that I will finish well and in so doing honor You. In Jesus’ name and for His Kingdom’s sake, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment