Tuesday, October 15: 1Thessalonians 3- Paul's Prayers.

Paul’s prayers encourage and inspire me. His prayers seem to transcend the present needs that so often fill my prayers. He prays for things of substance, faith, love, endurance, holiness and things like this.

Today’s chapter closes with one of Paul’s prayers. May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you.  May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all his holy ones (12-13).

Lord, teach me to pray prayers of substance, prayers of depth, prayers that transcend the ordinary and the selfish. Lord, teach me to pray prayers that will change people for the good, that will bring people to Your kingdom and give You glory.

Lord, teach me to pray as Paul and Jesus prayed! Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment