Wednesday, October 23: Deuteronomy 2- God is a keeper of His word.

As I have read and written on the scriptures over the years, I have noted often how God keeps His Word. God is a keeper of His Word. God made promises to Israel and He kept them. Eventually these promises found their fulfillment in Jesus and the Gospel message of redemption and abundant life for all who believe in Jesus.

What I noticed this morning, which I don’t believe I have seen before, is that God kept His word to Esau and Lot as well. When it comes to the Land, I usually think only of God giving the Land to His people Israel. But today I noticed that God gave land to Lot and Esau as well. And Israel was to be careful not to encroach on their lands.

Give the people these orders: 'You are about to pass through the territory of your brothers the descendants of Esau, who live in Seir. They will be afraid of you, but be very careful. Do not provoke them to war, for I will not give you any of their land, not even enough to put your foot on. I have given Esau the hill country of Seir as his own (4-5).

So we went on past our brothers the descendants of Esau, who live in Seir. … and traveled along the desert road of Moab. Then the LORD said to me, "Do not harass the Moabites or provoke them to war, for I will not give you any part of their land. I have given Ar to the descendants of Lot as a possession" (8-9).

God keeps His promises… ALL of them. This is precisely where it paused and pondered today.

Oh Mighty Promise Keeper, I rest in Your promises given in Your Word, and more importantly, given in Jesus Christ, Your Son and my Lord, Savior and God.

I would be lost in my sins and sin-filled-ness. I would not know Your way of life and living. I would be a citizen of the kingdom of darkness… were it not for Your promises, actions and Wword.

Praise and thank You, Lord God Almighty, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Eternal God. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment