Tuesday, October 22: Deuteronomy 1-Remembering our story.

 

As I read Moses’ recounting of Israel’s early days in the desert, the thought came to me about how helpful it is for us to remember where we came from. Remembering our story, our past, our ups and downs, our faithless and faithful times, this is healthy. It grounds me in reality. It helps me see God’s hand in my life.

I don’t know how long you have been walking with the Lord, only a few weeks or many decades, but it has been almost 40 years for me. I don’t have the greatest memory, but as I recall those years, God’s hand of leading and protection are obvious. I feel a thankfulness welling up inside of me for His providential hand guiding me. I feel praise building as I recall the many ‘God-incidents’ that have shaped my life, led me to be the person I am and have the life I have had. I also feel a weightiness and sorrow for times I have not been faithful, for times I slipped and fell and disappointed my Lord.

Such has been my journey remembering my story. In recalling my story I see God’s story being played out in and through my life. And to be part of God’s story… that is gift; that is amazing; that drives me to prayer…

O Lord my God when I in awesome wonder consider all Your hands have done… I see Your protection, I feel your ever-presences, I hear Your voice guiding me a right…

Then sings my soul, my Savior God to thee. How great Thou art. How great Thou art.

You are great and Your blessings and leadings and directions and Word are a gift. Thank You, Lord, for Your presence in my life. Through my Savior, Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment