Wednesday, October 2: 2Corinthians 5- Would your actions convict you?.

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad (10).

How’s that for a verse upon which to meditate? 

What will God see in my life? What good, what bad?

I believe it was Lloyd Ogilvie who once asked, of the congregation he pastored, “If you were placed on trial for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?”

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

Hmmm, food for thought for today…

Lord, am I doing enough for You? Not to earn my salvation, I could never do that. But am I doing enough to make good use of the gifts You have given me to serve You alone, who is Lord and God? Am I serving You well? This is my prayer this morning. Please speak… Your servant is listening. Through Christ, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment