Friday, May 6: Psalm 98- Count your blessings.

Thanks to the groupings of Psalms I am reading this week.  I am ushered once again into praise for the Lord.  What a grand way to walk through this week. No matter what happens throughout my day, God’s Word is ushering me to the heights of praise and adoration as I start my day again today.

Verse 1 is my launching pad today: Sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things; his right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him.

Certainly the Lord has done marvelous things… The words of an old hymn came to mind:

Count your blessings, name them one by one,

Count your blessings, see what God hath done!

It seemed wise and good to spend some time this morning counting and naming some of God’s marvelous deeds, His blessings that have touched my life and the lives of His people throughout the ages.

I start with salvation… God saved me and all His people by grace through faith in Jesus. Nothing I have done could have merited this most marvelous of God’s deeds

The presence of the Holy Spirit and all He brings, assurance, leadings, power, gifts, fruit…

Creation, the wonder and beauty of God’s world.  I look outside and see flowers bursting forth after winter, animals scurrying as the dawn rises, colors and hues of every kind…

Call and care of the patriarchs, how the Lord called and delivered Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, formed a people, and gave His Laws and Word.

Ah, the word of God, the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments. The Lord God giving and preserving His Word so we can all read it for ourselves and hold it close and know how the Lord would have us live.

My family… each one is a gift, a marvelous gift from the Father.

The Church, the family of God and that I was raised by a family in the church… gifts all gifts

And so my morning began naming some of the marvelous deeds the Lord has done for me and for His people. So many more came to mind that I did not write. God’s marvelous deeds are all around us. Taking time to name and appreciate some of them was a joy this morning…

All praise to Him who reigns on high, who sets the prisoners free…

Thank You, Lord God, for opening my eyes to some of Your many marvelous deeds. Through Jesus Christ, my Lord, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment