Saturday, July 16: Numbers 24- Absolutely sovereign.

I marvel at the way the Lord can use even pagan priests, like Balaam. For his first 2 oracles, Balaam used divination or sorcery to get his word from the Lord, something specifically forbidden for Israel (see Lev 19:26). And yet like Cyrus, the pagan Persian King, God can move any heart to His bidding.

So today I see the sovereignty and power of God at work.

Our God is the one true Sovereign Lord of the Universe. My heart and mind is drawn to awe and wonder for my God.

No profound ‘ah-ha’, no new learning or thought, but a wonderful solidification of God’s supremacy and sovereignty, a wonderful devotion and thought on the eve of weekly worship.

Thank you, Lord, for the reminder of Your absolute might and power. Your will, will be done because you have so decreed. And Your Word is dependable. Thank You and bless You, through Jesus, my Lord, I pray. Amen. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment