Saturday, July 30: Numbers 36- Inheritance & daughters.

Certainly the Old Testament world was patriarchal. However, for its day, God worked into the laws some important fairness for women/daughters as we see in our reading for today.

Daughters who inherit the land are not to lose it to their husband’s family. Inheritance stays with the family of origin!

It is certainly not that daughters are on a par with sons, but the family line will not lose its inheritance if there are no male heirs.

I found myself thinking about the Lord and how He is just.

I also found myself thanking God that I am a child of the New Covenant where it removes distinctions, saying there is neither Jew nor Greek, male nor female, etc. The Lord sees the heart, not gender or status or nationality.  God sees the heart!

What does God see when He looks at your heart? Does He see one who is committed to Jesus? I pray so…

Lord… my prayer is that You will help me tell others about Jesus so that they can commit their lives to Jesus and be seen by God as a beloved child and heir rather than an outsider and enemy. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment