Saturday, August 6: Psalm 114- .

Since it was a short Psalm I read it in more than one translation. The way ‘The Message’ translated verse 7 drew me in.

Tremble, Earth! You're in the Lord's presence!

in the presence of Jacob's God.

You're in the Lord's presence… how I often take that for granted.

I think of being in the Lord’s presence during worship on Sunday or when I am in prayer or Bible study. But the Psalmist recognizes that as God’s people we carry the Lord’s presence with us and this is His world, He created it, so we are in the Lord’s presence constantly.

And when God moves even the earth responds. The Jordan River stopped, the Sea parted (3) because of the Lord’s presence.

Do I respond when the Lord moves? Do I obey like the Jordan and Sea did?

These questions pound me like a hammer driving a nail. Do I respond to the Lord when He speaks? Do I respond to the Lord when I read His Word and it speaks?

James bid his readers to be doers of the word, not hearers only (James 1:22 KJV)

As I sit this morning I am reminded that God is always around me and speaking with me throughout my days. A m I listening? Am I listening as I go through the work and play and mundane times of life?

Oh, God, help me to be attentive to You all the day long… not only when I am engaged in direct spiritual activities like prayer and worship. Lord, thank You for the reminder that You are always with me. What a blessing that is, but it also is responsibility to pay attention to You and Your voice as I live every moment of my life.

Help me, Oh, God, to recognize Your presence all the day long. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment