Wednesday, August 17: Deuteronomy 9- I deserve nothing, yet God has given richly.

The story Moses paints in this chapter is a reminder that NONE of the good things and graces of God that come into my life are earned or deserved. Like Israel, I am sin filled. There is wretchedness in me.

I only need to re-write the chapter substituting my name for Israel and replacing her sins with my own… then it becomes so clear that God could have justifiably destroyed me but His mercy, grace and love instead chose to save me.

So my heart and mind swell with gratitude for my God –Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit. He has done great things for me and I will praise His name forever and ever.

Praise Him, praise Him, the Lord my blessed redeemer. He has done great things for me; things underserved. Holy and gracious is He. And I will praise His name forever and ever. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment