Tuesday, August 2: Psalm 110- Jesus God's answer.

I must have read this Psalm half a dozen times.  Lord, what is there for me today? Where can I hang my hat and find spiritual sustenance for my life?

Lord, for some reason I am very tired and I am wondering if that is keeping me from receiving what You have for me today?

I know the Psalm has a message about Jesus who is the priest in the order of Melchizedek (Hebrews 5:6, etc.). But still I am struggling to connect.

So I chose to think about Jesus, the forever priest, in the order of Melchizedek. Jesus, the forever priest, who will never be replaced, whose covenant will also never be replaced. Jesus, God’s final answer to the human dilemma of separation from God because of our sin.

As I contemplated Jesus and who He was and what He did for me, for us, I was reminded that Jesus is the only way of salvation. He is God’s final answer to our problem. And this provided an enriching start to my day…

Thank You, Jesus, for coming and saving me and all who will trust and believe in You. I praise You because You will never be superseded. Faith in You is all one needs to come home to a saving relationship with God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Praise be to you, Jesus, 2nd person of the Trinity. Amen and Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment