Friday, January 7: Acts 9- A changed life

 

Believing in Jesus, being saved, confessing Jesus… however you say it, conversion should result in a changed life. The change might be dramatic like Paul or it might build over time but, no matter how we slice it, a person should live differently after becoming a follower of Jesus and being filled with the Spirit.

Paul’s conversion is a dramatic example of change. Paul went from persecutor to preacher within a few days. His change was so dramatic that a price was put on his head.  If he had not been snuck out of Damascus, he would have been killed by the people he worked for before his conversion.

Join me in taking a few minutes to review your life. How have you changed as a result of following Jesus? Conversion will bear fruit resulting in changed lives, lives resembling Jesus more and more with each passing year. How have you changed and how are you changing these days? … Think about that.

Lord, I see some areas where I have changed and I bless and thank You for the unction to make these changes. Lord, I also see some areas with which I still struggle. Send Your Holy Spirit to be my teacher, that I might learn from You and change accordingly. Through the name of my atoning Savior, Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment