Monday, January 24: Acts 23- Cooperating with God

 

What happens when you get a nudge from God to do something or you receive a word from the Lord about something God wants you do? What do you do? How do you act? A one-word answer comes to mind… cooperate! Cooperate with God.

In today’s chapter, Paul is in Roman custody and one night the Lord stood near Paul and said, "Take courage! As you have testified about me in Jerusalem, so you must also testify in Rome" (11). What does Paul do with this word from the Lord? He cooperates! Paul doesn’t sit back saying, in effect, “If God wants me in Rome, He will have to get me there.” No, Paul cooperates with the intentions and direction of God’s word and works toward getting to Rome.

Case in point; in the ensuing verses Paul learns of a Jewish plot to kill him.  So Paul alerts the Roman authorities about the plot and thereby saves his life and sets in motion his trip to Rome.

Paul acted in accordance with prudence and God’s word, thus cooperating with God…

When God speaks with us, in whatever manner God chooses, we need to cooperate, partnering with God in the bringing forth of His will.

As I muse on this, one caution bubbles to the surface from my life experience with the Lord. We are to cooperate with God, moving through the doors He opens. The key is walking in God’s timing, not forcing the issue and trying to do in OUR own strength and timing whatever it is God has told us about.

Cooperating with God… that is my prime thought for today.  What is God showing me (&you) about 2011 and the things He would have us do? If so, how would God want you to cooperate with His leading today and in the coming days.  Think about it.

Lord, show me the steps I should take to cooperate fully and faithfully with You, in regard to the things You would have me do. Show me, Lord. Lead me, Lord. I will remain watchful and will follow Your lead. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment