Tuesday, January 25: Acts 24- Seasoned with salt.

In his letter to the Colossians, Paul writes, Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. (Colossians 4:5-6). These words filled my mind as I was reading Acts 24. It struck me that Paul was living out his teaching before Felix. The opportunity God presented to him was to speak with King Felix, so he seized the opportunity and applied a gentle sprinkle of salt into his defense. Nothing offensive or over the top but just enough to create curiosity, so that if the Holy Spirit was at work in Felix’s life or anyone in the court they could follow up, publically or privately, with Paul. That was cleaver, artful and dedicated to the spreading of Jesus’ name!

Lord, I pray for the conversational savvy of Paul… savvy that injects just the right amount of the Jesus-message into situations, so as to open doors for sharing the gospel with people you place in my path. Lord, I pray Paul’s instruction:  May I be wise in the way I act toward others, making the most of every opportunity. And, Lord, may my conversations always be full of grace and seasoned with the salt of the gospel, so that I may know how to answer everyone about the faith I have in You –Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen..

 

No comments:

Post a Comment