Monday, January 31: 1Chronicles 1-5- People matter

Okay, this was not the most stimulating reading for me. Scripture is alive for me when I read, but lists of names with little or no history wasn’t the most captivating. And yet as I read name upon name, family grouping upon family grouping, the thought sunk in that ‘people matter’. People, names and faces and lives and descendants matter to God. History and lineage matter to God. Life and how it is lived and who it is lived with, matters to God.

As I allowed that to spin in my heart, I began to think about the people in various circles of my life.  The neighbors on my street, the students on my son’s bus, the kids in son’s dorm, the workers at the stores I frequent, my coworkers, church family, college class mates… they all matter to God.

Lord, help me to engage my world and the people in the pathways of my life in a manner which allows me to share how much they matter to You. Lord, help me to treat people with the respect due people who matter to You… in Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment