Friday, August 12: Proverbs 21- Doing the right thing.

I found myself musing Proverb 21:3: To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice. Is it that God doesn’t like sacrifice? No, I don’t think so. It strikes me that the heart of the Proverb is the opening thought. God is pleased when we allow the Holy Spirit to so permeate out lives that we live as God would have us live. Following God’s voice, living according to His precepts and ways is what delights God so much more than when we do one extraordinary thing for Him.

God longs for us to live in relationship with Him, to talk and consult with Him regularly and to live routinely, doing the right thing.

These thoughts cause me to step back and look at my life as a whole, rather than at individual events. How am I doing?  Am I living rightly? Am I doing what is right and just routinely? Those are my ponderings and self examination for today…

Lord, I am more a tree than a forest person. Shed some extra grace upon me today so that I might look at the big picture of my life.  Am I living justly and rightly before You?  And, Lord, in those areas of lack, help me grow, please. I pray this in Jesus name. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment