Friday, August 26: Isaiah 2-Where is your trust?

There is a day coming when the Lord in all His glory will come. His foes will be defeated and judged and His people will be lifted up.  Scriptures call this ‘the day of the Lord.’ And this chapter speaks of that day.

Thoughts about the day of the Lord can move in many directions. What will it be like? When will it be? Will it really happen? What will happen to God’s enemies or friends?. This chapter builds toward the question of trust. Where is your trust? Where is my trust? In whom do you –I, we- trust?

The chapter concludes with this stinging rebuke: Stop trusting in man, who has but a breath in his nostrils. Of what account is he? (22)

Pause to consider that question for a few moments. Where is your trust? In whom do you trust? Jn what do you trust?  You can pass on these questions, glibly answer them or deeply probe your heart...

Lord, help me go deep, to look inside and examine my heart and ways. Do I trust in You or is my trust place in something/someone or anything other than You? Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment