Wednesday, August 3: Proverbs 13- A Trio of Thoughts

Three Proverbs caught my attention as I read today.

Verse 3: He who guards his lips guards his life, but he who speaks rashly will come to ruin.

Verse 12: Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.

And verse 20: He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.

And the meditations sprung from those verses:

Verse 3: guard my tongue, particularly impulsive words. Rash words, impulsive promises, off the cuff remarks, angry outbursts, words spoken without thought and regard for follow through have a great deal to say about how I am to the people around me… guard my words.

Verse 12: I thought mostly about parenting.  Do I hold back things my children long for? Now, I am not thinking about supplying their every whim. But have I planted a seed about a special trip, gift, outing, adventure and then not followed through, causing them to loose hope in what I promised or in me? Hope deferred makes the heart sick.

Verse 20: who are my counselors, from whom do I listen to and learn? Who steadies my ship when it is rocking?  Their integrity and righteousness will directly affect mine.

O, Holy Spirit, is there a particular theme weaving these threee thoughts together or are these three individual correctives You have for me today? Continue to speak to me about these topics and others throughout this day. I am Yours.  Place me where You need me and use me as You desire. I pray this in the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment