Monday, September 15: Nehemiah 6- Continued opposition; discernment needed.

Nehemiah’s account reminds me that there will be continued opposition to the work of God right up to its completion.

I wrote last Friday that no good work, no work of God, goes on without opposition. God has an enemy, the Devil, and his sole purpose is to disrupt the works of God. The opposition Nehemiah felt and the opposition people of God today feel is spurred by the evil one.

Completing God’s work is not about weathering one storm but weathering the storms sent by God’s enemy. Nehemiah understood this and he kept a close connection with the Lord, discerning what was from the Lord and what was not!

God’s Word to me this morning is that discernment is continually necessary. I (we) must constantly be seeking the Lord and asking Him about the source of thoughts, oppositions, ideas. Discernment is key. And for me knowing God’s Word and having trusted wise friends and counsel are key in discernment.

I need to hear God’s voice, which I know is always clear in His Word and I need the voice of friends to make sure I am hearing God’s Word and Spirit correctly and that my flesh isn’t getting in the way…

Think about it…

Thank You, Lord, for Your Word. It is hard and challenging many times but it is ALWAYS truthful and ALWAYS correct. Thank You for the gift of Your Word.

Lord, help me to take it in and to build my life upon it. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment