Saturday, September 20: Nehemiah 11- Sacrifice.

What’s the big deal, I asked myself as the chapter began? What’s the issue living in Jerusalem? Isn’t it “God’s City?” Isn’t the temple there? Yes and yes. But the temple is newly rebuilt (and not very grand by former standards) and the walls and gates have just been rebuilt. I had to think about this for a few moments and do some outside reading.

The temple, walls and gates may be newly rebuilt, but it is very likely that the rest of the city, including the infrastructure of the city, is probably still a shambles. Add to this that you have no land. So how do you provide for your family?

Sometimes faithfulness requires great sacrifice.

What is God asking of me (you)? Are you willing to say ‘yes’, no matter what God may be asking of you???

Think about it…

Abraham, Jonah, Daniel, Jeremiah, Mary, Peter, Paul, and Stephen… Lord. God, You required a great deal from each of them and each said, “Yes, Lord. I am Yours.” May I answer Your call the same way. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment