Monday, September 22: Nehemiah 12- Time to celebrate.

It is good to celebrate God’s goodness! The walls were finished and Nehemiah arranged for an elaborate celebration. He even made sure Levites from outside of Jerusalem came, amassing a great choir. There was marching and songs and praise. How wonderful and glorious it must have been.

Celebrating God’s goodness is a very good thing! And who better to celebrate than the God who enabled them to complete the task… Alleluia.

Sometimes I can be too practical, too frugal, too plain. Appropriate celebration of the Lord is wonderful. God deserves it.

We host a mini-celebration every week. Most Christians call it worship!

We also celebrate Jesus’ incarnation (Christmas) and His resurrection (Easter)! Glorious!!!

God is so good. Today’s reading has me contemplating times, seasons and ways to celebrate the goodness and greatness of our God…

God is worthy of celebration and praise… Alleluia!

Praise the name of Jesus. Praise the name of Jesus. He’s my rock. He’s my fortress He’s my deliverer in Him will I trust…

All glory laud and honor to thee Redeemer king…

Oh, Lord, how great You are… may Your praises never cease to be on my lips…

Alleluia. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment