Tuesday, September 23: Nehemiah 13- How quickly people degenerate from God's ways .

The time line in this chapter is not clear, but it was within Nehemiah’s lifetime. Maybe it was five or ten years. I don’t know. Whatever the time frame Israel, without Nehemiah, quickly slid from faithfully following the Lord to many indiscretions and infractions of the Law.

I thought, ‘how quickly we can slip away from faithfulness.’

For me combatting this ever-present drift away from the Lord and His ways requires constant diligence. Reading God’s Word, thinking about His Word, examining and measuring my life according to God’s Word are some of the important habits I need to maintain to keep my life in line with the Lord’s Word and Will.

How about you? What do you do to maintain faithfulness with the Lord?

Think about it…

Keep me close, Oh Lord, that I may not drift from You. Keep me true, Oh Lord, that I may remain faithful to You. This is my prayer… In Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment