Monday, October 24: Psalm 132- Do you believe in Jesus?.

The word ‘covenant’ filled my thoughts as I read this Psalm. Yes, the word appears in verse 12, but its concept is woven throughout. God is faithful to the Word He spoke to David.

God is faithful to the Word He has spoken, period.

God’s Word is sure. It is a foundation upon which one can stake her or his life. The Lord is a God of covenant, promise, oath…

As pilgrims marched toward Zion, Jerusalem, they sang of God’s faithfulness. As I live today I will sing of God’s faithfulness. God has been there all my days. God was there in the past, God is present in my today and I know God will be there in the days to come

The LORD swore an oath to David, a sure oath he will not revoke: “One of your own descendants I will place on your throne. If your sons keep my covenant and the statutes I teach them, then their sons will sit on your throne for ever and ever” (11-12).

The Lord has sworn to us that all who believe in Jesus will be saved (Acts 16:31, Romans 10:9). I believe. Do you believe?

Lord, give me strategies to spread Your name and Your fame throughout all the earth, so that every tribe and nation and tongue will know You.

As the ancient temple stood as a beacon of hope pointing to the one true God, may Your church today stand tall and true to You declaring You the one true God. Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit to You and for Your glory I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment