Saturday, October 22: Psalm 131- In loving arms.

This Psalm provides a different feel than many of the Psalms of ascent. I picture groups of people walking to Jerusalem singing the Psalms of ascent. When they get to this one, stillness falls over the group. A stillness ushered in by a calm assurance of being cared for and loved. A stillness built on relationship and trust. A stillness growing from contentment in God’s care.

The second verse, the heart of the Psalm sets my heart to rest. But I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content. Images fill my thoughts. My own young children nestled in their mother’s arms, safe and secure. Mama singing to them or reading to them. Maybe they drift to sleep. Maybe they are laughing, Whatever the activity, it is a safe place. A place of affirmation and unconditional love.

I realize that the images of my thoughts have become my experience. I am sitting with my God and God is to me what the mama in my thoughts was to the child. I am safe. I am secure. I am loved. I linger in this place. I am with the Lord and the Lord is with me

Gently I am reminded that not everyone knows about this safe place with Jesus and I am God’s herald sent to tell people about this God I know and worship.

Have you stepped into intimacy with the Lord today? I pray so…

Lord, I am blessed to have had this time with You. I am rejuvenated and motivated to live today to honor You. Grant me the wisdom and strength to be a godly difference maker in my world today. Through Jesus, my Lord, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment