Wednesday, October 26: Psalm 134- loved, protected and cared for.

Praise the LORD, all you servants of the LORD who minister by night in the house of the LORD. Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and praise the LORD. May the LORD bless you from Zion, he who is the Maker of heaven and earth (Ps 134)

This simple Psalm reminds me that some days is it best to just praise the Lord. No litany of needs. No list of intercessions… just praise, adoration and love for the Lord.

Sometimes what the heart and soul need is to sit in the Lord’s lap and bask in His glory… words are optional and when I do speak it is of His wonder, His grace, His mercy, His loving-kindness.

Sometimes what a child needs is to crawl up into mommy or daddy’s lap and simply be present with them… feel safe… feel the rhythm of mom or dad’s heartbeat and be in their embrace.

That’s what this Psalm invites me and you to do.

Will you join me?

Praise You, LORD. I come to be with You… You who made the heavens and the earth. You who invite me into Your presence. Praise You, LORD.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment