Friday, January 19: - 1Chronicles 17- Dreams for God.

The chapter begins, After David was settled in his palace, he said to Nathan the prophet, “Here I am, living in a house of cedar, while the ark of the covenant of the LORD is under a tent” (1).

David had this dream to build a house, a temple, for the Lord. The temple was to be something glorious, a physical testimony to his God. Alas, as the chapter unfolds God instructs that David is not to build this temple, but his son will do it.

The thought that captured me as I was reading goes like this, “What wonderful dreams do I have to honor the Lord?”

Sadly, I couldn’t think of any.

I have an abiding desire to live faithfully, to be generous and to be a devoted Christ-follower, but I don’t honestly have dreams to do anything great for the Lord.

Should I? Is God calling me to something more?

I am not certain. I am left to ponder, pray and listen for the leading of the Lord…

Oh, God, my prayer today is straight forward. Give me ears to hear, eyes to see, a heart to grasp, and the strength of will to enter every door You open. May my dreams and desires honor You. Big or small, may I accept with joy every assignment You give to me, that Your honor and fame may increase near and far. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment