Monday, January 8: 1Chronicles 7- Peering into God's word is never wasted.

I am not sure what to say. I am struggling to find a nugget, any nugget that might strengthen my faith or devotion to the Lord. But reading all these names… for a week now…Oh my, I feel parched, thirsty for some spiritual fresh water…

It is days and readings like this that remind me about duty… doing something because it is right and good and not because I am stroked in the process.

It is reading chapters like today’s that reminds me patient endurance is a characteristic of faithfulness. Patient endurance, slogging through the tough terrain so that you can find the hidden beauty of other vistas. I know if I give up reading now there will be insights in later readings that will light my soul on fire with passion and love for the Lord.

So I sit with the Lord today reading His Word. If God Almighty thought these words were worthy of being part of His written record, then I will be faithful enough to read and ponder them as best I can even if little discernable truth leaps off the page into my life.

I read and meditate because it is God’s Word and sitting on His lap peering into His Word is never wasted.

Lord, thank You for meeting me in my quiet reading and wonderings this day. Thank You for always being available to and for me. Thank You for giving us Your written record, the Bible. I thank You for the exciting parts, the deep and rich parts, and the mundane parts. All are from Your hand and mind. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment