Thursday, January 11: 1Chronicles 10- .

In 1Chronicles, Saul’s 40 years as king is reduced to one paltry chapter, which details his death! Not only that, it has yet to mention that Saul was king... unless you consider the final sentence explaining the kingdom passing to David.

Saul died because he was unfaithful to the LORD; he did not keep the word of the LORD and even consulted a medium for guidance, and did not inquire of the LORD. So the LORD put him to death and turned the kingdom over to David son of Jesse (13-14).

Saul’s life is reduced to the comment that he was unfaithful. How sad.

My thoughts jumped to my life. I know my life isn’t over but when it is, what sentence would summarize my life?

How I live today will determine my summary statement. And I certainly don’t want a summary like Saul’s... remaining faithful today and everyday thereafter until the Lord brings me home will ensure my epitaph will read differently than Saul’s. 

May this be so, Lord, may it be so. I long for mine to speak of faithfulness.

Lord, I pray for strength that I might live for You, honor You and serve You all the days of my life until You see fit to bring me home to You. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment