Thursday, January 25: 1Chronicles 22- Great projects take tremendous planning.

David poured a huge amount of planning and resources into the Temple. Even though God had told him he was not the one to build the temple, his heart burst with love for the Lord, so he stockpiled tremendous resources so that his son Solomon could attend to the building and not be burdened with resource procurement.

What a gift David gave his son.

From a spiritual perspective, David could have abandoned his dream of a temple when he received his ‘NO’ from the Lord. But David was a man after God’s heart and since building the temple would happen under his son, David used every skill and gift he had to provide to the temple as if he, himself, was getting to build it.

His dream of providing for the Lord was more important to him than who received the honor for actually building the temple.

Love for the Lord rather than recognition drove David and this is a spiritual lesson I can learn from this text. The question filling my soul right now is this, “What drives me in my work for the Lord?” Is it personal recognition or love for my Lord?

As I chew on this question it has deep and profound implications…

I hope and pray it is love for my God and not recognition that drives me… I need to look deep within to answer this. And so will we all.

David truly was a ‘man after God’s own heart’.

Lord, my prayer is that I, too, might be a man after Your own heart. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment