Tuesday, January 30: 1Chronicles 26- I am responsible for my relationship with the Lord .

Temple life was critical for the people of Israel. It was their heart and soul. The temple was their connection to their God, the one who had called them to be a people and the one who nurtured them as a people.

Through the Chronicler’s history, exiles about to be sent back home after punishment, were preparing to reestablish temple practices and having the correct people doing their assigned tasks was a primary concern. Chapters are spent defining the lineage of Levites, so appropriate Levites were reinstalled into their roles and usurpers were kept out.

Today as a member of the New Covenant, I don’t have to concern myself with temple regulations. And, more importantly, I don’t have to have other people play an intermediary role between me and the Lord. God has granted every follower of Jesus direct access to Himself! What a joy and gift this is…

As my day begins, I am reveling in the joy I have in direct access to the Lord. I can sit here this morning and speak to Him, confess my sins and be absolved from my guilt without sacrifices or the work of modern day Levites or Priests.

God is so good and His new covenant is so wonderful!

Today I am basking in my wonderful Lord, and the relationship into which God invites me. However, I am also recognizing that I am responsible for my relationship with the Lord and to tend to that, I sit and read God’s Word, meditate and pray. And throughout the day I will try to think on things that move me closer in my relationship with the Lord…

May this wonderful day begin.

Oh, Lord, my God, when I in awesome wonder consider all Your hands have made…

Praise the name of Jesus, Praise the name of Jesus, He’s my rock, He’s my fortress, He’s my deliver in Him will I trust…

Thanks You Father, Son and Spirit… for the life You give. I delight in You…

Amen and amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment