Friday, June 1: 1Corinthians 2- The cross.

My heart followed yesterday's lead latching on to the preeminence of Christ Jesus our crucified Lord. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified (2).

A crucified Christ… the words seem impossible to the human ear, yet they are the very heart of the Gospel message. Jesus came to save sinners by offering His life in exchange for their life on the cross. And while Jesus sits in glory now and will return as the King of kings and Lord of lords, it is Jesus crucified that the church preaches. The cross is at the heart of redemption… the glories that follow redemption are wonderful; they, however, are the result of the action of Jesus' crucifixion.

So, I sit this morning considering the cross yet again. The cross... the key that unlocked the bondage Satan had over humanity.

The cross... the key that unlocked my chains to sin and death and set me free to know and embrace God in reverence and love.

Oh, Thank You Jesus for willingly becoming the crucified Messiah… for setting me and millions free by Your loving sacrifice of Yourself in my (our) stead.

And I'm forever grateful, Lord, to You. And I'm forever grateful for the cross. And I'm forever grateful to You, that You came to seek and save the lost.*

In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

*The words to Jaunita Bynum song, "Forever Grateful," just burst from my heart as I prayed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment