Tuesday, May 22: Job 35- The blessing of being God's child.

Elihu provides some thoughtful words to mull over.

Look up at the heavens and see; gaze at the clouds so high above you. If you sin, how does that affect him? If your sins are many, what does that do to him? If you are righteous, what do you give to him, or what does he receive from your hand? Your wickedness only affects humans like yourself, and your righteousness only other people (5-8).

I rarely zoom out to God's perspective, not that I can ever see His perspective accurately. Still I rarely attempt to do so, I am comfortable living and viewing life from my vantage point alone. Elihu's thoughts lifted me…

How does my right or wrong living affect the Lord? He remains sovereign. His will will still be done. This is fascinating and humbling to ponder.

I am reminded of the psalmist who sings (Psalm 8:3-6): When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them?

You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor. You made them rulers over the works of your hands; you put everything under their feet:

What are we in God's eyes? We are nothing, an insignificant speck on the landscape of eternity, a single grain of sand on a beach. And still, the psalmist pushes us even further in our thinking. Though we are nothing, barely a speck in the universe, God has crowned us with glory and honor.

So even as I consider my humble estate, for some reason, God has crowned me by virtue of my humanity with glory and honor above all other creation.

So I am humbled… my life affects not God, still He blesses me with His gaze and lifts me up with glory and honor as being created in His image.

Oh, the blessing and wonder of being a child of God…

Awed by Your majesty. Humbled by Your greatness. Blessed by Your grace bestowed. I am Yours, Lord God Almighty. I am Yours. I bow to You and I love You. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment